Time to read: 2 mins.
We take a look at the main interfaces
Your admin dashboard
When you login to your account, this is what you'll see first
- Stats - Quick breakdown of feedback at various stages in your product development pipeline. Pending is the count of feedback that's awaiting to be approved by your team. Users is the total numbers of users who have voted, comments or added feedback.
- Feedback sources - This is where you're collecting feedback from. In this example we've collecting from a single feedback portal that's available at roadmap.resurfaceapp.com
- User activity - You can see how users are interacting with your portal by switching to the user activity tab
- Feedback hub - Where you can see the actual feedback submitted by your users
- Roadmap tab - This is the main roadmap view for your project. See below for a better explanation.
- Changelog tab - This is where you can create posts to announce new product updates
- Inbox - This is where anything that needs review by your team will be listed.
- Users - This will list details of all users that have interacted with your project.
The feedback portal, from your user's perspective
When your users goto your feedback portal that you've setup, they'll be presented with a different view. They'll be able to comment, vote and add feedback from here.
- Navigation - This includes your logo, and links to the feedback listing page, the roadmap, and the changelog (which is labelled as "what's new" here)
- Feedback summary - Top feedback across all your labels will be shown here
- Roadmap - Your product roadmap will also be shown here
Note: Depending on how you configure you portal - ie. which modules are turned on/off - your users may see a different layout than the one above.
A single piece of feedback
Every piece of feedback can be viewed on it's own page, below is how it'll look from your user's point of view
- Title and description - Every feedback has a title, and a longer description where the user who submitted it can provide a more detailed explanation of what their use case is.
- Feedback status updates - Whenever the status of a piece of feedback changes, it's shown here.
- Comments - Users can add comments, this gives you the ability to follow up
- Feedback info - This shows the person who first created it, and all the people who voted for it. We won't reveal the full names of users here, we'll only show their initials.